There is something decidedly odd about taxidermy; the art and profession of stuffing and preserving dead animals.
Taxidermy goes back hundreds of years and can claim Theodore Roosevelt amongst its famous practitioners but there is still no doubt that it is a slightly eerie practice. Most taxidermists are highly skilled and mount dead animals in a stunning form of suspended animation, like a snapshot in time, preserving the majesty and beauty of the animal in life.
We will not be looking at any of these.
No, indeed not.
Instead we are going to take a weird and wonderful look at these absolutely insane taxidermy fails. These animals really don’t deserve this indignity in death but it’s seriously difficult not to laugh. See if you can make it to the end with a straight face.
Speaking of straight faces….not many to be seen here either.
1. This poor dog has not been left with an endearing expression post mortem.
2. We’ve all been there after a rather heavy night on the town trying to stumble back home.
3. Is this owl running for president of the United States?
4. It’s MINE! You CAN’T HAVE IT.
5. What are you looking at?
7. Impressive dentures.
8. Those are googly eyes, right?
9. I feel your pain, sad otter.
10. Bat Man? Bad Man.
11. Bear necessities: Taxidermy lessons.
13. Why have you done this!
14. Existential crisis
15. Oh, for christs sake.. I’m out….